Calais Promotion is the economic development agency for Calais and its region. A partnership-based organisation working with and for businesses, our job is to promote the area to potential investors and support business start-ups and development projects.
Formed in 2009 by Calais Town Council and the Calais Urban Authority known as Grand Calais Terres & Mers, we aim to play an active part, whether directly or indirectly, in any initiative organised to develop the economy and increase the appeal of the local area.
We work with local partner organisations to:
- create and implement marketing initiatives and tools design to promote the area in France and abroad,
- prospect actively for French and foreign enterprise projects,
- host and support business projects of all shapes and sizes, identifying premises, helping to secure funding and assisting with administrative formalities,
- offer follow-up support to local businesses through our network of professionals and by providing finance advice,
- strengthen the local business environment by seeking effective business rescue and transfer solutions,
- manage regeneration schemes and promote job creation.